What is Reiki? Translated, Reiki means Universal Life Force. What happens when it’s used? Healing energy is passed through one person into another. Who is a Reiki therapist? An ordinary human being who has received training and an Attunement that allows this energy to come through their hands into others. No massage, no accupressure – just the hands on the part that hurts.
Reiki is particularly effective with physical trauma, so it’s great to learn Reiki when you have children. The bump begins to reduce quickly, the twisted ankle is just fine the next morning. Cuts stop bleeding and begin to heal. Reiki is also calming, which is so helpful with trauma.
The least that happens in a Reiki treatment is that people being treated relax profoundly, and lose any headache and tension. Their color brightens up, and they experience a more optimistic mood and increased physical energy. They report having the best night’s sleep they’ve had in years. Everybody feels better after just a few minutes of Universal Energy pumping into their physical structure.
The most that can happen is that a physical illness lets go, dissolves, disappears.
What happens in an average treatment session is somewhere in the middle. The sinus headache leaves, the infection clears up – but since it’s a chronic condition that took a long time to develop, one shot probably isn’t going to fix it. Besides, sinus problems usually involve allergies which usually involve the immune system, all of which needs to be brought back into balance.
Master Class Outline
Reiki Master Attunement
The Reiki Master Attunement is a culmination of the Reiki healing practice and Attunements that have gone before. It is a single session and ends with a celebration.
- Welcome and self-introductions, including how I became interested in Reiki healing, the healing work I have done for myself and others, the 21 day alignment (formerly called cleansing) experiences, what I’m looking forward to during today’s Attunement, and my thoughts on my Reiki future.
- Each student creates / copies her and his own set of Reiki symbols, to be used in giving Attunements to the growing number of Reiki practitioners
- We review together the Reiki Master Teacher Attunement Ritual Notes, which are followed in giving Attunements
- Each student is Attuned as a Reiki Master
- Each of us, including Patricia, the newly made Masters and other Masters who are present, talk about their experiences during the Attunement. Beautiful experiences of color, sound, visions and knowing often occur during this Ritual
- We celebrate the increase of new Reiki Master Healers on the planet!
- Patricia signs and presents certificates to the new Masters
First Degree Reiki Class Outline
Taught in three 2 – hour sessions
Class Format Questions anytime……
- Class 1 History, information, demonstration, preparation for Attunement
- Class 2 Questions / discussion, hand positions, Attunement
- Class 3 Discussion of Attunement, practice on teacher, each other, and working as a group (ooooooh, it is so good!), presentation of certificates
Self – Introductions – Why I’m Interested in Reiki….. my knowledge and experience of Reiki and any other alternative healing methods…. and why I chose this particular book…
History of Reiki – Tibetan / Japanese roots to present day
General info – first degree, second degree, Master, 21 day cleansing
Demonstration / Healing session with each person
Heating up – rise and fall of energy
Various positions – full session
Body systems and release
Putting your hands where it hurts
Discussion and preparation for Attunement
A little practice, questions and discussion….